Who to contact at The Pension Service
The Pension Service provides a wide range of information about the State Pension, Pension Credit, Winter Fuel Payment and related benefits. Here are some ways of finding the right person to phone or email.
Your pension centre
In England, Scotland and Wales, your pension centre can answer frequently asked questions about:
- making State Pension claims
- making Pension Credit claims
- existing State Pension or Pension Credit claims
If you live in Northern Ireland, queries can be addressed to the Department for Social Development.
Changes of circumstance
If you receive State Pension, additional State Pension, Over 80 pension or Pension Credit and your circumstances change, contact your pension centre or The Pension Service.
- Change of circumstances - how and what to report
If you are claiming a Winter Fuel Payment, there are special criteria and a dedicated hotline for you.
- Winter Fuel Payments Helpline
- Winter Fuel Payment - Change of circumstances
Overseas enquiries and benefits
The International Pension Centre can assist you if:
- you live abroad and have questions about the payment of State Pension, bereavement benefits, incapacity benefits and other benefits
- you live in the UK and have lived or worked in other countries that has a social security agreement with the UK
- International Pension Centre
- State Pension for Britons living abroad
- Benefits (Britons living abroad section)
State Pension forecast enquiries
If you have any questions about, or would like to receive, a State Pension forecast, the State Pension forecasting team can help.
- State Pension forecasting team
- Getting a State Pension forecast
If you need technical help while using the pension forecast service,contact the E-services helpdesk. For example, the helpdesk can assist if you are having problems accessing or using the State Pension forecasting service.
- Pension Service E-services helpdesk
Pension Tracing Service enquiries
If you have lost touch with a personal or company pension scheme, the Pension Tracing Service can help.
- Pension Tracing Service
- Pension Tracing Service - trace a personal or company pension scheme
If you live in England, Scotland or Wales, Local Service Information Points provide a face-to-face service to customers in convenient locations.
You can arrange an appointment with Local Service staff to discuss matters like:
- State Pension
- Pension Credit
- Attendance Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax benefit
- other pensioner entitlements and services
You will also find leaflets on the benefits and services provided by The Pension Service.
If you speak a language other than English, you can use your own interpreter or your pension centre can provide one for you.
If you have a sight or hearing difficulty, The Pension Service provides a range of information in other formats. Ask your pension centre or social security office or you can request other formats by telephone or textphone.
- Who to contact at The Pension Service - Order accessible leaflets
How to complain about The Pension Service
If you are unhappy with something The Pension Service has done, or not done, please contact your pension centre.
This content is subject to Crown Copyright