Save this page Delete Your saved items:
Save articles and pages so that you can conveniently read them later.

Marriage, Family Law and Divorce

Marriage, Family Law and Divorce

This is FindLaw's Marriage, Family Law and Divorce Centre. This section of the site provides in-depth legal information on a range of family law topics like divorce procedure, care proceedings and adoption, and much more.

Recent legal news

Blog: Leading judge calls for UK couples to be permitted faster divorce

A leading family judge, Sir James Munby, has spoken out in favour of allowing couples to obtain fast divorces at a registry office in fault-free situations, saying that couples should not need the approval of a judge to dissolve their relationships.

Sir James lent his support to the idea that 'fault-free' divorces should be made the sole reason for divorce, allowing couples to quickly end a marriage without either side having to take the legal blame for the breakdown of the relationship.

Community: What is legal in a common law relationship?

Question: If you are a common law spouse is that recognized as being legally next of kin?

Answer: You would not be recognised as "next of kin" unless a written and signed agreement is/was in place (this includes a will).

Most Recent
See all ico3Blog
0 of 0